I adapted this recipe from Cooking Light. I used Cauliflower rice instead of grain rice. I also used chicken and sausage and the recipe called for shrimp. I think all three would be GREAT! We loved this dish. It is even better the next day.
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 cup chopped onion
• 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
• 1 tablespoon minced garlic
• 1 12 oz package aidells Cajun Style Andouille sausage, sliced
• 1 head of cauliflower
• 1 plus teaspoons paprika
• 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 2 teaspoons dried oregano
• 1 teaspoon dried thyme
• 1 bay leaf
• 2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
• 2 tablespoons tomato paste
• 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
• 1 (28-oz-ounce) can no salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
• 1 pound Springer Mountain Farms chicken cut in cubes
* half pound peeled and deveined shrimp (optional)
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion, chopped bell pepper, minced garlic, chicken and sausage; sauté 5 plus minutes or until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked. Chop head of cauliflower into smaller pieces and pulse in food processor into “rice”.
Add the next 6 ingredients (through bay leaf); cook 2 minutes. Add broth, water, tomato paste, hot pepper sauce, and diced tomatoes; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes. Add shrimp;(if your going to have shrimp) cook 5 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Discard bay leaf. Stir in parsley.